Author Topic: Wonderfull Photos of D J Norton  (Read 12370 times)

john2000

Re: Wonderfull Photos of D J Norton
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 02:18:36 PM »
Fredrick, youre as bad as me,  ^-^
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 12:38:36 AM »
Not possible John  :D

frederick

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 02:12:07 PM »
 john  are there or have there ever been dance halls in holland it always seems a low key place to me    :'(
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

john2000

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 02:51:17 PM »
Fredrick, thats because you cant see trees because of the wood, they are every where, there are dance halls in the big cities, but maily out in the sticks theres the cafe's, where they do have dances, party times, and a lot of fun, as I've said before, you have to mix with the locals to know whats going on, some times they even have a grab a granny night, ( singles from 40-50 upwards),  then its my dayglow socks night,  :2funny: ^-^.......

frederick

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:05:55 PM »
 hi john  so all the fun do's go on over there it is just that i have not seen it, i have been to one or two pub type place's the last time we where over there 2006 we went to the cinema to see pirates of the caribean it was in english with dutch sub titles i thought that was strange i enjoyed it, in the same building there was a pub so befor we walked home in the rain we had one or two drinks realy enjoyed it that was in huizen over there again next year, i wonder if we will bump in to each other i is up to you matey you live there   ;)
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

john2000

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 09:49:14 PM »
Fredrick, Huizen, is a nice place, I live in the centre of Holland, on the edge of a great forest, where we still have wild pigs and deer running around loose, my home is in a small village, which is slowly loosing its caricature, ( new houses are being built every where) but its still a nice place for the moment, the influence of Amsterdam has not yet arrived here,. the two dijks are a sight to see,
But now you can see why I chose to live here, with its tulips and windmills, O0. but as I;ve said, you have to mix with the locals, if you dont then you will always be an outsider, the Dutch are not pushy, so its up to you to get to know them,  :coolsmiley:

David E

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 02:48:18 PM »
I actually posted this topic on another forum which I've been instrumental in starting:

http://bihs.yobunny.com/index.php?topic=119.0

But if anyone is interested in the industrial heritage of Birmingham, this will be the place to come: Birmingham Industrial History Group.

I'll also post this elsewhere to alert other people. :)
David
New book available now: Chance Expressions

Graham

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 09:14:29 PM »
You lot don't seem to realize that in cycling I started the "dayglow socks" rage! In 1963 I found some dayglow socks at the army and  navy store on the Stratford Road. They had dayglow yellow skulls and crossbones on each side. I wore them just for the fun of it, but they frightened the life out of the other racing cyclists!  >:D

some 30 years later this dayglow stuff caught on in racing clothing and Marco Panttani, Tour de France winner, made the dayglow skull and crossbones his trade mark, I was born just too early!  :'(

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 11:29:55 AM »
Graham,

You sure it wasn't you who nicked John's sock up at Edgbaston Reservoir. :police:

Phil47
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Jacqueline

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »
So Graham, I can blame you for my nephew [slightly Pi**ed] on holiday with us dancing in the street with one green and one orange dayglow socks on...we never did find his trainers. ;D

Graham

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 08:05:54 PM »
When I bought those socks I knew that I would have a least one fan, now I've found him! Thanks Jacqueline  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy