Author Topic: Photo of Handsworth Kindergarten and Preparatory School, Park Avenue, Handsworth  (Read 1627 times)

brodies mum

If anyone has a picture of this school or even Park Avenue, or attended or memories of same, please can you let me know.   Many thanks.

Phil

• Account Closed
Hi brodies mum,

Welcome to the forum, sorry I am unable to help you with a photo, perhaps someone else might have one. I know Park Avenue is  mostly still there does not the building still remain?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

brodies mum

Unfortunately the building has been demolished - was a lovely big old house with horse and carriage place at side, steps up to front door and loads of land.  I have been on Google street map and can see the houses\flats built in its place.    Short of going back donkey's years to search for estate agent's details when land was sold to be developed, I don't think I have a chance really.   I saw one post card on e bay and missed the end of the auction.   It was only of Park Avenue in general and not the school but I would have liked it anyway.

Never mind - thanks for your interest.

Phil

• Account Closed
brodies mum

I can only encourage you to keep on searching, I collect old photos hard copies and scanned images and have often searched for years for a particular photo. Often when I have all but given up it has turned up as easy as turning over a page in a book.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy