Author Topic: Cattell Road pictures  (Read 11809 times)

margaret

Cattell Road pictures
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
Hi
Does anyone have a picture of Cattle rd, it ran parallel with Coventry rd and then it ran into Coventry rd and became a junction, the old bus station was there and the Blues grounds was just a little further on. Cattle rd is no longer there. My gran used to have a store there for years.
Here's hoping
ex-pat

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Cattell Road pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
Hi Margaret

Long time no see, where exactly was your grans shop on Cattell Rd?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

margaret

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 02:12:45 AM »
:Hi Phil

Thanks for answering so quick its nice to see the old pictures, my grans shop was about half way along Cattle rd, it was on the right hand side going out of town and I think it was right opposite Ethel st, Memories hey.

Margaret
ex-pat

frederick

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
Margaret,
My mum lived on Cattell rd, Gladys Davis 6/111 Cattell rd with her parents dose that name ring any bells she also had sisters.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

planetmalc

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »
Hi
Does anyone have a picture of Cattle rd, it ran parallel with Coventry rd and then it ran into Coventry rd and became a junction, the old bus station was there and the Blues grounds was just a little further on. Cattle rd is no longer there. My gran used to have a store there for years.
Here's hoping

Great news, Margaret; since you posted that they've put Cattell Road back and it was there when I went past it today! ;D
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »
:Hi Phil

Thanks for answering so quick its nice to see the old pictures, my grans shop was about half way along Cattle rd, it was on the right hand side going out of town and I think it was right opposite Ethel st, Memories hey.

The only streets off Cattell Road were Arsenal Street, Camp Street, Templefield Street and Tilton Road, so you've got me baffled!

margaret

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:44 PM »
Hi Thanks for jogging my memory, My mom went to Tilton rd school, so that was the name of the street. Was there though an Ethel st around there ?. it keeps coming back to my mind, just curious.

Margaret
ex-pat

margaret

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 10:23:30 PM »
Hi Frederick
My grans name was Mrs Lacey and she had the store from about 1910 ? to about 1954 she was in her 80's when she more or less gave it up because of her age.

Margaret
ex-pat

planetmalc

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 04:12:30 PM »
Hi Thanks for jogging my memory, My mom went to Tilton rd school, so that was the name of the street. Was there though an Ethel st around there ?. it keeps coming back to my mind, just curious.

Margaret

Staying with the woman's name theme, there's a DORIS ROAD that's close to the junction of Cattell Road and Garrison Lane.    It'd be on the extreme left of the first photo that Phil's posted, but just out of shot.

In Phil's second shot, the road to the left of the tram is Templefield Street, so the photographer would have been standing pretty much opposite Tilton Road and in front of your gran's shop.

DavidWilliams

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 10:04:23 PM »
i dont have any pictures only memories i recall the bus garage opposite the picture house [which i attended once in the late fifties] then there was the pub the high park tavern i think which i did some painting there also the pub in the middle of the split where coventry rd. branched off to the right i cant think of the name but in those days the pubs where [grained] a stain and vanish to look like wood the publicans name was hidden in the graining .i think his name was baragwaneth but i,m not certain also the cafe outside the blues ground which i think was run by their ex goaly [gillmore i think] as you say happy days  :)

Spud

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 12:46:29 PM »
I think that the Cinema opposite the Bus Garage was The Kingston. As for the Pub on the junction I remember it well could it have been The Greenway Arms ? For many years there was an old Horse Trough directly in front of the Pub. Gil Merrick the old Blues Goalie had a Café nearby.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy